baslinux - [BL] EZ-DRIVE

  • From: "Jim Howard" <jmhoward AT texramp.net>
  • To: "BasLinux" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] EZ-DRIVE
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:51:30 -0600

The way that EZ-DRIVE works is by replacing the MBR (Master Boot Record) on
the hard drive itself. After your system ROM boots and control is passed to
the hard drive the MBR sets up the drive vector tables for the system, in
this case updating the BIOS routines so that they can handle the larger
drives. I believe this program was created by Maxtor for their harddrives.
>From what I remember there was a system disk that was used to boot the
system and allowed you setup the program or restore the original MBR

Jim Howard