baslinux - Re: Printing with gs , was Re: [BL] Writing to /tmp

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Printing with gs , was Re: [BL] Writing to /tmp
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:48:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

There are about 11 lines to be filled in by hand, and it has at
least 11 extra line feeds at the beginning. Perhaps I could
somehow convert to ps and edit them out?

Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.csit.fsu.edu/~burkardt/g_src/pdf2ps/pdf2ps.html
Yes, I found pdf2ps in the ghostscript package (it is a little script based on gs itself) and also a pdftops (a large executable) in xdpf.
But I have no idea how to edit the ps file to remove the extraneous lines.

I just found a simple solution based on your suggestion, sort of -
use xpdf's pdftops, which produces a .ps file that gs displays correctly.
I did not test if the gs script also produced correct output (unlikely since it is based on gs).

Thanks a lot. Some day gs will get this right (by which time Adobe will have introduced something else to make life difficult).

David