baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3 manual

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3 manual
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:42:24 +0000 (UTC)

You can search (with google and try including the word ibiblio and baslinux in your search) for other people's questions and answers about BL3 or earlier versions BL1 and BL2.

A search on adsl and the above two words got me:

lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/baslinux/2003-November/001825.html: Is possible to connect to ADSL using BL 1.9?

The answer was that it is possible but not simple. There was also some reference to damnsmalllinux (run from a CD) for using ADSL.

If you stay on this list for a while your searches will start leading you to your own postings ;=)

The BL1 site (see the link at the bottom of the BL3 site) has a link to
BasicLinux Questions and Answers. BL3 can do most things that BL1 can do but not all. For instance it does not have bash (though you can add it) so I could not easily run a script that required bash. And it does not come with a built-in ftp program.

Steven, apart from the above, and having full versions of some BL3-busybox utilities and plain VGA X, what does BL1 do differently or better than BL3? I know it installs differently.