baslinux - Re: [BL] Has Linux pmail "login authentication" ?

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Has Linux pmail "login authentication" ?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:20:58

Steven:

It is noted in the original pmailrc:

# This is a demo configuration file. The formal should be '.pmailrc'
#
#...............................
#
# SMTP server
# You can list several SMTP servers here though it just accesses one
server
# at one time, generally the first server listed. The command line
option,
# -h@, can change this, such as to access the third SMTP server by -
h@3.
# Each line has this format:
#
# hostname:reply_address:id:passwd
#
# hostname the address of the SMTP server
# reply_address reply address. It's usually the mail address
given by
# the SMTP service provider.
# id & passwd the authenfication of the server. If you haven't,
leave
# them empty. (this function will be supported soon)
# +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#.............................

I emailed the author, asking if there was a newer version, but it
bounced.

On 12 Dec 04 at 8:05, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Alejandro Lieber wrote:
> >
> > The pmail program that comes with bl3 has
> > no smtp authentication.
>
> Why do you say that?
> pmailrc has username/password options for SMTP.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina