baslinux - Re: [BL] Wirless in Bl2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Wirless in Bl2
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:53:27 +0000 (UTC)

delilinux.berlios.de/pub/delilinux/pkg

The files containing kernels and modules end in .dsk.
ide.dks scsi.dsk nx.dsk cd-pp.dsk nxmod.dsk

config.ide (config.scsi, config.nx) shows you how the kernel (ide, scsi, or nx) was configured. You need to check that the kernel you are thinking of using lets you add the module you want to use.

nxmod.dsk is the file containing all the modules.

nx.txt gives instructions for how to convert the nx.dsk image to the kernel image on a floppy disk:

Put 1.44 disk in A: (assuming you are using DOS or WIndows)
rawrite a: nx.dsk (or substitute ide.dsk or scsi.dsk)

From linux dd if_nx.dsk of=/dev/fd0

This should make a kernel image from the nx.dsk file, which is one with networking support. I think you said you are trying to do wireless networking with a card that is not supported by SW7.1.

Do the same on a second floppy disk with nxmod.dsk for all the modules and choose the one you need.

What kernel is 'included in Delilinux'? What were his exact words?