baslinux - Re: [BL] Wirless in Bl2

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Wirless in Bl2
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:32:11 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Joel wrote:

> See here's the thing. I e-mailed the guy at DeliLinux, and he told me
> the kernel in ide.dsk is not compatible. (Veto the mounting of the minix
> disk) He did say though that the kernel inlcuded in DeliLinux is
> comptaible. I'm assuming that that means in the delibase.tgz.
> I downloaded, unzipped, and viewed these files, and went to the boot
> dir. I only found files under 5 kb, other than the .map file. There
> couldn't possible be a kernel in there. Perhaps the kernel is somewhere
> else, or is compiled during installation. I don't think he realizes that
> I don't actually run DeliLinux.
> Anyway, if anybody happens to use Deli Linux for 'parts' and has a nice
> kernel handy, that would be nice...

Do you have an /isolinux/kernel directory in your download? If so, the
kernel seems to be in that directory--at least there's a file there called
bare.i. I made myself a copy of the Delilinux bootable CD, so I do have
access to this kernel--seems a good bet it's that 2.2.26 one. If you
can't extract it from the files you have, I could send it as an attachment
to you (contact me offlist). It's about 750KB, btw.

James