baslinux - Re: [BL] What PINE ver for BL 3.3 ?

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] What PINE ver for BL 3.3 ?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:30:53

James:

I have built two different 10Mby FS.img after getting rid off all X
files, as I work with text only in this Hercules display machine.

In one I loaded PINE and in the other Christov`s MUTT.

I am begining to use the two emails programs so I can decide which
one is the most convenient.

I am trying PINE because I want to use it to read NNTP news.

Has anyone used a small text NNTP client with BL 3.3 ?

Alejandro.

On 16 Nov 04 at 20:40, James Miller wrote:

> > Alejandro Lieber wrote:
> >
> > >Where do I look for the latest PINE that can work with BL 3.3 ?
> > >
> > This would be your best bet:
> > ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-4.0/slakware/n6/pine.tgz
>
> That is unless you want to be adventuresome and install a compiler and
> have a whirl at compiling a more recent version. Depends on what features
> you need. I have to say that, were I faced with getting a mail client for
> BL3, I'd certainly give Christof's specially-compiled mutt a try. From
> his description, it sounds like one of the best possible solutions for
> low-resource systems that need a more full-featured mail client.
>
> James

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina