baslinux - Re: [BL] What PINE ver for BL 3.3 ?

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] What PINE ver for BL 3.3 ?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:40:46 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Stephen Clement wrote:

> Alejandro Lieber wrote:
>
> >Where do I look for the latest PINE that can work with BL 3.3 ?
> >
> This would be your best bet:
> ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-4.0/slakware/n6/pine.tgz

That is unless you want to be adventuresome and install a compiler and
have a whirl at compiling a more recent version. Depends on what features
you need. I have to say that, were I faced with getting a mail client for
BL3, I'd certainly give Christof's specially-compiled mutt a try. From
his description, it sounds like one of the best possible solutions for
low-resource systems that need a more full-featured mail client.

James