baslinux - Re: [BL] 10 10 10....

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 10 10 10....
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:31:37 +1300

Dan Stephen wrote:

> I am using a Compaq 1750 with 192 Mb of RAM and
> I am using the floppies.

Do the floppies boot on a different computer?
It is quite possible the first floppy is faulty.
As it says in the instructions, rawriting image
files requires a perfect floppy. The last name-
brand floppies I bought had two bad floppies in
the box of ten.

The first floppy is the issue. Am I right in
assuming that you never get a chance to insert
the second floppy?

> I'm sure I've seen this problem before but I can't
> quite pin it down.

If the floppies are OK and the floppy drive is OK,
my next guess is (everybody's favorite): faulty
or mismatched RAM modules. Linux is very sensitive
to RAM inconsistencies.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru