baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 ramdisk version

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 ramdisk version
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 03:09:03 -0500

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

On 1 Nov 04 at 8:25, s.clement AT sympatico.ca wrote:

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Do you mean the floppy version of BL3? The floppy
version uses ramdisks. The DOS version uses loop.

Yes, that's why I said it was the ramdisk one.

Very interesting! I did not know there is a ramdisk version
of BL3. I never considered to download and install it,
because all the time it was called "floppy version".

Christof Lange

Well its not exactly all that "installable", except you can install it to the hard drive. But I'm pretty sure then it wouldn't be a ramdisk version, it would be just like the regular version...only using LILO and on a linux partition, and there are probably a few other differences too.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement