baslinux - Re: Compiling with Bl3 Re: [BL] Get_info on PCMCIA

  • From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Compiling with Bl3 Re: [BL] Get_info on PCMCIA
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:59:12 -0500

On 11-01, sindi keesan wrote:
> would boot so we could use loadlin. SBM (smart boot manager) let us boot
> DamnSmallLinux from a CD-ROM with lilo too. But FreeDOS messes up Xvesa,
> says Hal, which leaves us either no Xvesa or needing to use lilo. Will
> SBM let me choose between FreeDOS and lilo (BL2 or BL3)?

FYI I have never installed anything with Xvesa.. Must be
someone else. <grin> RE: Boot Loaders, I don't think Steven likes Grub
but I've found it to be the easiest and best of the lot with less of
the problems I read on the list.. First time through was not easy for
me, but that's par for the course.. We use it here, exclusively, for
better or worse. :^).. I've used Lilo for years and like it equally
but I keep forgetting to run it after making changes to .conf..:^)

Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 9.0 (2.4.20-1)
.