baslinux - [BL] What controles the boot?

  • From: "Joel Adria" <AspenDr AT telus.net>
  • To: "Basic Linux Mailling List" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] What controles the boot?
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:32:41 -0700

So when I start my computer, Lilo is on the first sector, and it starts the kernel. Then what happens? What runs "rc" "issue" and that stuff? More importantly, how do I change the "Press enter to start this console" thing to a login prompt? I think that would help me with all this XDM xsession stuff.

-Joel