baslinux - Re: [BL] BL site items

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL site items
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:20:04 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> So what's up with BL1, Steven? Is it deprecated now
> in favor of BL3?

Development of BL1 has stopped. However, I will keep
the BL1 site up for any users wanting to use it.

> Shall I keep those BL1 add-ons (and core packages)
> at my site?

That's not necessary now. BL1 is no longer mainstream
so we don't really need a backup.

> I thus have the same question about the BL2 packages I
> have: should I keep them posted, Steven?

BL2 still has some relevance (for people wanting a more
up-to-date platform). For example, I'm still running
BL2 as the primary OS on my main computer.

> add some information about BL2 being obsoleted and not
> having a page any more (or does it have a page somewhere?)?

Yes, indeed, the BL2 site is intact. Just click on the
BL2 link at the bottom of the BL3 site.

> would you like me to host any packages from BL3, Steven?

Perhaps you would like to host Christof's packages and any
other packages created by users? For example, Sindi was
talking about doing a modified AbiWord package. I would
prefer for such variations to be stored away from the
official BL3 site. Your site would be ideal.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru