baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling mutt

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling mutt
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:25:13

Hi list,

I uploaded a demo of the Mutt add-on to my web site:

http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov/download/mutt-bl2.tgz

This is only for BL2 for the moment and will be improved
very soon. It is just if you want to have a look at it.

On 6 Oct 04 at 7:42, cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> I am finishing the work with a mutt add-on for BL.
> The version for BL2 is ready and has been uploadded, but the
> binary I compiled under BL1 does not run under BL3. The reason seems
> to be a missing library: libiconv. This library has something
> to do with internationalization, but I actually do not
> know whether it is needed for my mutt customization. I rather
> think that it is not needed.
>
> 1. There is one funny thing about all this. The mutt binary compiled
> under Slw 3.5 runs without any problem in that system, despite the
> fact that ldd tells libiconv is missing. In BL3 the binary does not
> run (complains about missing library).

I successfully compiled an older version of mutt (1.2.5.1)
that unfortunately does not support the pop3 feature :-(
So the BL3 version will not contain that feature, but will be
able to send and receive mail through pmail.

The BL2 version will be full-featured, but requires either the
hard disk installation or some manipulation with the /tmp directory
(second RAM disk).

> 2. I found the latest version of libiconv on the web. It is a 3.9 MB
> download, and - of course - I cannot get that compiled. Any ideas
> where I could find an older version or a binary?
>
> 3. Mutt source packet offers an option to compile with disabled
> libiconv. I am not sure if this is what I want. Unfortunately
> O cannot find out, because with this option the compiler my BL1
> system crashes.

These things is not very understandable to me. When I compiled the
older version I did NOT disable libiconv, but the resulting binary
has no libiconv dependency at all.

Steven, would you be interested to compile mutt 1.4.2.1 in your
common compiling environment for BL3?

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov

  • [BL] compiling mutt, cce . zizkov, 10/06/2004
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [BL] compiling mutt, cce . zizkov, 10/06/2004