baslinux - [BL] compiling mutt

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] compiling mutt
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:42:40

Hi list,

I am finishing the work with a mutt add-on for BL.
The version for BL2 is ready and has been uploadded, but the
binary I compiled under BL1 does not run under BL3. The reason seems
to be a missing library: libiconv. This library has something
to do with internationalization, but I actually do not
know whether it is needed for my mutt customization. I rather
think that it is not needed.

1. There is one funny thing about all this. The mutt binary compiled
under Slw 3.5 runs without any problem in that system, despite the
fact that ldd tells libiconv is missing. In BL3 the binary does not
run (complains about missing library).

2. I found the latest version of libiconv on the web. It is a 3.9 MB
download, and - of course - I cannot get that compiled. Any ideas
where I could find an older version or a binary?

3. Mutt source packet offers an option to compile with disabled
libiconv. I am not sure if this is what I want. Unfortunately
O cannot find out, because with this option the compiler my BL1
system crashes.

Any ideas?

Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov

  • [BL] compiling mutt, cce . zizkov, 10/06/2004