baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 on PC386?

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 on PC386?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:06:08

On 25 Aug 04 at 9:04, jamtat AT mailsnare.net wrote:

>Well, I'm not Steven, obviously, but I'll pipe in on this one tentatively.
>As I recall, the solution for running BL2 on a coprocessorless (new word
>alert! new word alert!) machine is to use a different kernel. I think
>there's a kernel among those available for download under Slack 7.1 that has
>a coprocessor emulator: probably the stock kernel (bare.i). I think to save
>space Steven turned off copro emulation in the kernel he specially compiled
>for BL2. Hope that helps.
>
>James

Thank you, James. Yes, the 2.2.16 kernel obviously works without
copro, but then gets caught in an error loop with the message:

VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for swapper...

Any idea what that means?

Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov