baslinux - [BL] ftp connection over a home network

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ftp connection over a home network
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:33:52 +0700

Have since a year BL2 running on a P100 but although I can ping thr
other machine on the home network I have never been able to exchange
data between the two machines.
On my BL2 machine I have found tftp which I do not understand at all
and on the other machine on which I am running SuSE 9.1 I have a lot
of communication programs which I seem not able to use.
The use of ftp on that machine gives me a
ftp: connect: Connection refused
after which I answer with
ftp> bye

On both machines I use midnight commander which seems to have a
possibility to connect with ftp or shell (sh) 0n the SuSE machine and
network, ftp and smb on the BL2 machine.
Do not know if the ftp possibility on BL is build in or if it would
like to have a full ftp possibility.
Could somebody help me with the connecting of the two machines?