baslinux - Re: [BL] xmodem/ymodem through terminal

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xmodem/ymodem through terminal
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:36:19 -0400 (EDT)

If you have the space for a 2MB executable, Kermit can be used to send
files via nullmodem cable between even linux and DOS and Windows
computers. I did this once but it is complicated. I mainly use it over a
dialup connection. I compiled Kermit for BL3 and you can find it at
www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan. There is a version for BL2 at the Kermit site
(www.columbia.edu - or follow James' link). They compiled it specially
for BL2 because normally they only post a version for SW71 with updated
glibc. Kermit supports telnet, ftp, and kermit file transfer.

Steven, does minicom work offline via nullmodem cable, or just over a
dialup connection?