baslinux - AW: [BL] LILO

  • From: "Marcus Mundt" <Marcus.Mundt AT forsa.de>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AW: [BL] LILO
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:28:13 +0200

>>Is boot.b in your /boot directory? Does your /etc/lilo.conf
point to that directory?

Yes, it says: image=/boot/zimage

>>The default lilo.conf in BL3 assumes DOS is in the MBR.

I also installed DOS in the mbr: fdisk /mbr with DOS-Bootdisk
But the problem remains.
Any other suggestions?

>>Yes. It appears to me that your error is coming from the
old LILO.

What can I do against that??
How do I get the old lilo away?
How can a new lilo-version be installed? Is that necessary/possible?