baslinux - [BL] LILO

  • From: "Marcus Mundt" <Marcus.Mundt AT forsa.de>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] LILO
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:24:11 +0200

I`d like to boot my system from hd without a fd.
I used lilo -v to install a new lilo in the mbr or root partition. I tried
both methods.

LILO halts displaying "LI".

Questions beside: Where is lilo installed in the root partition is there an
ohter "mbr"? (Bootable flag/tag was set)
And has the real mbr a higher priority?

I read that the reason could be a moved boot.b or a geometric mismatch.
But before BL3 was installed SuSE was on this system and LILO worked. Can
that be an error occurring because of an other LILO version???

Again a cry for help from me.... =)
Marcus