baslinux - Re: AW: AW: [BL] german keyboard

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: AW: AW: [BL] german keyboard
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:28:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Adding five more packages that take up 8MB is not what
> > I would call 'easy'.
>
> What's difficult about executing five installpkg commands?
> It's certainly easier than hunting around for some script
> you "think" James wrote.
>
> > Man2html is much smaller
>
> And where exactly is he going to get that?

www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/basiclinux.htm

I just posted the 42K man2html (which I got from some package - man.tgz?)
and the one-line script, and lynx is already there. I don't recall how
James and Steven got this working with links but I will be happy to post
that script if you remind me what it is. I never had any problem with it
other than it being rather slow if you searched all of /usr.

> > than that and we already have links to use with it.
>
> IIRC, the script was for lynx, not links. More complications.

Lynx is in my opinion a lot more useful than groff and man, and takes up
less space.

> Unless you can provide a complete list of where to find all the
> necessary bits & pieces for your method (and how to get them to
> work), then you are giving Marcus a more difficult method to read
> man pages.

Two pieces, and I gave instructions where to put them in BL2.
Is zcat not already part of BL2?

#!/bin/bash
zcat `find /usr -name $1.*gz` | man2html | lynx -stdin

I recall links not working with stdin and you had to write an extra line
or something, maybe create a file and pipe it to links. And it is
important to use ` and not '.