baslinux - Re: [BL] Midnight Commander

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Midnight Commander
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:48:02 -0400

> I have just uploaded a BL3 package for Midnight Commander.
> It is *not* the same package as in BL1. It is more up-to-date
> and contains more bells & whistles. I would be grateful if
> all you mc fans would give it a try and tell me what you think.
>
> Note: make sure you install it with pkg. Otherwise, it will
> end up in a mess.

Thanks, Steven.

Downloading now.

I have failed to be able to use nfs between BL3.21 on two computers
connected by Ethernet cards and a crossover cable.

Those two, "ASUS" (this one, except I'm in Win98 now) and "FIC", do it
fine in BL2.1. FIC has the 3 rpc.* files you told me of (from
tcpip1.tgz?) last fall, and the appropriate things in exports and in
hosts.allow.

ASUS does the appropriate mount , and then MC can manipulate files on
both computers, etc

But I must be confused at to what works with what: I cannot get the
rpc.* to run under BL3.

So am hoping to run good old BL2.1 on FIC, and someday be able to mount
it (192.168.1.1:/) on ASUS using BL3?

I guess even the new MC won't let me access the other computer unless I
can mount it.

Have ripped open 3 computers, moved NICs, etc etc

Can't rip out any hair, there's very little remaining,

Thanks much,

Sheldon Isaac