baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 to HD

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 to HD
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 22:09:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 6 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> David Lane wrote:
> >
> > booting it from DOS.As before,I don't want to do this.
>
> Then I suggest you install lilo.tgz from Slackware 7.1
> (after you have installed BL2 to HD).

But wait: how does he boot back into BL2 (he'll install from ramdrive) to
install lilo? Maybe he needs to chroot into the hd install from the
ramdrive version to install lilo? I'd say: make yourself a DOS bootdisk
with loadlin and zimage on it, just in case. That way, if something
doesn't go right with your lilo install, you'll have a way to boot the
system.

James