baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: repartitioning for linux?

  • From: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: keesan AT iamjlamb.com
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: repartitioning for linux?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 03:05:34 -0400 (EDT)

> We would love to try your program for running non-desktop no-icons Win
> programs. Could it be used to run two Windows programs in a row, such as
> dialup networking and then realaudio?
Yes - but only if you wrote a batch file which called both of them one after
t'other.

By the way, Dial-Up Networking is a real PITA to run from a shell in windows.
The
Dial Up Networking folder only exists in explorer, as far as I could make out
- so it
is hard to run something from it from a shell or a batch file. What I ended
up doing
was creating a shortcut to it on the C drive, then running it via start
c:\dun.lnk.

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post that if you use this method it
doesn't
automatically shut down when you close your program - you need to use
ctrl-alt-delete
and click shutdown.

I will post the program soon - I am writing this from work and the program is
at home.

Ian