baslinux - [BL] Re: repartitioning for linux?

  • From: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: repartitioning for linux?
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:21:33 -0500

>win c:\progra~1\wordview
>
>this goes right into wordview
>but first loads the desktop.
>On my fastest computer it
>is only about 40 sec.

To run just your program in gui mode, edit win.ini and change the shell
entry to the name of the program to run. I have a program to do this, which
I run from a dos menu, so I can choose to run command.com so I get just a
commandline which I can run windows stuff from. I wrote this program, and am
happy to post it if anyone wants.

>> > Does anyone know how
>to stop the Windows bmp
>from coming onscreen while
>booting into non-gui mode?
>(Is there some file I can just
>delete somewhere?).

As well as editting msdos.sys, you can just create a zero-sized logo.sys
file in the root of your C drive.

I did this on my BL laptop, which has no windows, but has a DOS drive
formatted via win98 format /s. This produced a drive with no msdos.sys, but
it still did the boot logo thing.