baslinux - Re: [BL] Dillo?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Dillo?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:41:29 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone tried the statically compiled links2 (graphic) with BL3? JP's
is 2.1.9. It is about 7.5M. Could be recompiled a lot smaller without
the svgalib stuff (to use just X and not libtiff libjpg libpng) - maybe
half that size. (Delilinux has a non-static version of 2.1.4, which seems
to do ssl, about 3.5M, that works with SVGAlib or Xvesa). It could
replace links-0.90 to save a bit of disk space. Don't know about RAM.
The new truetype fonts would be helpful here.

Is it fair to ask what the new BL3 feature is (other than fonts)? (I will
be too busy to try it until Wednesday and don't even have the space on
this computer now, with BL2 and BL3.02 and DOS). Would it be possible to
just add the new fonts and the feature to BL3.02 instead of reinstalling?
I have already changed menu.sh and configuration files and added a kermit
and lynx and their dependencies and changed a few other things.