baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: fat license (was Adding X)

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: fat license (was Adding X)
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 07:39:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, [iso-8859-1] Ian Scott wrote:

> > Couldn't this be a reason
> > to consider moving the BL line away from the DOS
> > filesystem, or at least
> > making it more portable to a pure Linux environment?

<snip points 1 and 2>
> POint 3: Isn't the whole point of BL that it is easy
> to run for someone who is used to DOS. If you have a
> PC without DOS on it already, you are probably much
> better going with another distro that will install directly.

Points 4: If you really want to move away from using the DOS fat/vfat file
systems for a more native linux system you could always fight with
installing lilo yourself. That way your system would boot directly into a
linux native file system. I think a few people have actually done that
here.

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org