baslinux - Re: [BL] lynx 2.8.5

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • Cc: dkaufman AT rahul.net, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lynx 2.8.5
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:16:46 -0500 (EST)

We tried this static lynx on our other BL2 computers (copied over lynx and
lynx.cfg to a computer that already had lynx-ssl 2.8.4 and all the
auxiliary files from lynx 2.8.5-without-ssl) and it works.

We copied it to our BL1 laptop, which has a working lynx from SW3.5 (lynx
2.4?), and it loads lynx but is 'unable to connect to remote host'
or 'unable to access document'. Perhaps the older kernel cannot handle
the newer lynx? The connection was okay as proved by the older lynx
working right after the newer one did not.

Anyone else want to test the complete package on BL1? I don't think you
need any files other than lynx and lynx.cfg unless you want to change
screen colors or access secure sites with root certificates.