baslinux - [BL] Re: sftp

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: sftp
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:54:14 -0500 (EST)

> SFTP is part of the SSH suite. In my Slackware 7.1 CD there is no ssh
> package, but in more recent version there is (Slackware 9.x).
> linuxpackages.net have a slackware 8.1 package.

I found vsftpd there - is this the same as sftp?

I also found, for SW71, Ghostcript 6.51, and for SW81, version 7.05.
The ghostscript on my SW71 CD is, I think, 5.10, and it does not do
encrypted pdf files, so it is very nice to know there is a later version
available to try instead. Perhaps the later version also supports 256
colors and higher resolution for trident and tseng video cards, like my
older DOS version does, which would make it more readable. (If not, I
should learn to compile ghostscript myself).

There is also a links 0.98 there.

  • [BL] Re: sftp, Ernesto Celis, 02/15/2004
    • [BL] Re: sftp, Sindi Keesan, 02/15/2004