baslinux - [BL] RE: no login (3aoo-cvfd@dea.spamcon.org)

  • From: Nguyen The Luan <luannt AT atvn.com.vn>
  • To: "'baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] RE: no login (3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:34:17 +0700

Title: Re: no login (3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org)

Nguyen The Luan wrote:

>> I want my BL go to "bash" shell directly without entering
>> username and password.
>> Please show me how to do it.

> Edit /etc/inittab
> In the c1 line, replace the call to getty with /bin/bash

Ok. replace /sbin/agetty with /bin/bash in /etc/inittab.
But the problem is.
I install BL in a card without VGA. So I use remote serial (COM1 port) to login BL.
If bash is called by agetty, then bash can communicate with remote serial terminal (COM1)
But if bash is call directly in inittab, it can not communicate through COM1
Now, I wonder if bash supports remote serial terminal or not?
And how can we make bash support remote serial terminal (COM1).

Best regards.

Nguyen