baslinux - Re: [BL] Suggestion for BL3: rxvt

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Suggestion for BL3: rxvt
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:27:36 +1300

Anthony J. Albert wrote:

> I'd like to suggest replacement of the "xterm" in
> BasicLinux, and especially with an eye towards
> BasicLinux3, with "rxvt".

Thanks for the input. Yes, rxvt is in BL3. I refer
to it as xterm (just as I sometimes refer to nano as
pico) because lots of people don't know what rxvt is.

rxvt is not only smaller/faster than the real xterm,
it also requires fewer X libraries.

> http://www.rxvt.org

A precompiled version of rxvt is in Slackware 3.5
(and probably every Slackware since then).