baslinux - [BL] Re: bl2.10 on bootable CD

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: bl2.10 on bootable CD
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:29:16 -0600

> > Is there a need to have a bootable CD version downloadable?
>
> Perhaps. However, I think most people burning a Linux CDrom
> would prefer to fill the CD with a more powerful distribution
> (like Knoppix).

I have used Knoppix to backup data from hard disks in computers which I
need to fix, but some times that PC's are Pentium with less than 32 MB
and Knoppix is too much for this (it takes a eternity to boot if he
can), I think a bootable CD of BL could be useful if we include in some
utilities for rescue like mkisofs and cdrecord.

> > Whom should I contact or to whom should I send my Image to
> > decide upon?

Where I can get the image? or how much Mb are you speaking, if the image
is less than 20Mb my inbox can handle.

> Does anybody reading this (who has a CD burner) want to try
> this?

I'd like to try this (I been thinking to do a BL bootable CD for some
time, but I haven't time to do).