baslinux - Re: [BL] Delete / Backspace keys in X & BL1.8

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Delete / Backspace keys in X & BL1.8
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:32:00 -0500 (EST)

Maybe there is some hardware difference between all of your computers, and
the two computers that I have set up with X and had backspace problems on?
In any event, would it hurt to put those lines in -- i. e., would your
system still work properly? My problem was in BL2, not BL1.8.

I think James said his problem was that the delete acted like a backspace.
In my case the backspace acted like a delete, and that is how xmodmap.std
was set up. If I fiddle with the .xinitrc that I found in the previous
version of BL2, I could reverse the problem (my backspace and delete would
both act like backspaces). I had the problem in xterm and in flwriter.

Update on video cards. Another trident ran at normal speed in the AMD.
I tried some of these cards in a Chinese made Celeron 500 computer. Some
of them would not fit into this huge computer because of poor case design
but the ones that did ran even slower than in the AMD 300.
For instance: P133 - 112K, AMD300 -70K, Celeron 500 - 40K.

The Trident that ran superfast in the 300 (135) ran at 40K in the 500.

Do most video cards slow down in computers which are newer than they are?
The 300 and 500 are 1998 and 1999 and the cards are mostly 94-97.
People must keep their cards when they throw out their computers.

I also notice that the same card will measure as being faster if it has
less RAM in it, probably because the program tests it at higher
resolutions or with more colors.