baslinux - Re: [BL] LinuxSA Mailing List: A cure to "no DRQ after issuing WRITE" (fwd)

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LinuxSA Mailing List: A cure to "no DRQ after issuing WRITE" (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:47:47 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for that helpful info, Sindi. We were having the exact same
problem the other day when we installed Linux to a brand new laptop and
tried to tweak the HD settings.

As for xvesa/fbdev: like I mentioned, they're pretty poorly documented. A
place where I learned a bit about xvesa though was on an active web-based
listserv for a live CD distro called DamnSmallLinux: it uses xvesa/fbdev,
so issues concerning it are discussed alot there. If you ferret through
the archive, you are likely to find some helpful tidbits. DamnSmallLinux
homepage is at www.damnsmalllinux.org . A link for the forum is on that
page (look under display/X discussions).

James

PS If you use a serial mouse, some special tweaking of xvesa is required.
I can provide tips on getting a serial mouse working using it, if you have
one and get that far.