baslinux - Re: [BL] HD Installation

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HD Installation
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:57:17 +1300

Electronjunkie wrote:

> Is it possible to create a bootable cd and put the slakware
> filesystem on the disk (i.e. files a2, a3, a4, a6, and a13)
> along with the x1 file so when I install to my HD it will
> auto install X at the same time or is that just something
> i will need to do manually.

It is possible to automate such things; however, some manual
configuration is desirable. In particular, the selection and
preparation of the Linux partition should be done manually.
If you write a script to do that automatically, there is a
danger it will be wrong on some computers and overwrite a
valuable partition.

Installing the X packages can easily be automated. Just add
them to package list in the installation script.

Also I figured out how to run installpkg after i mounted the dos drive but i
completley forgot the command line after i got it. ( i was to excited i
figured it out that i forgot it the next day when i tried it again lol.)
Could you send me the command line so i will have a copy of it and next time
i wont forget. Thanx for the help.