baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: another spelling error (fwd)

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: another spelling error (fwd)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:05:04 -0500

On 13 Dec 2003 at 19:04, Sindi Keesan wrote:
> Would someone besides me test out this most recent version of flwriter and
> suggest any desired improvements or report bug fixes please.

I just got the http://www.oksid.ch/xd640/flwriter_static.gz , and it
works, but I haven't yet done any testing.

Why is it so much bigger than the
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/download/flwriter.gz, which I just got
yesterday?

[I am very very new to using any GUI in Linux]

How do I get either of the flwriter programs to show up as something that
can be run from the icewm desktop? (am I using the correct terminology?)

(I did not use installpkg because I read that These are not Slackware
packages ; so I just put the program in /usr/local/.bin )

Is there an equivalent to the Windows 98 "Start -> Run" process?

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac