baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu and text editors

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu and text editors
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:33:14 +1300

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> There's a e3.man that was in the e3-2.43.tar.gz
> Where in my BL2.1 system do I put such things so that
> the man command can access them?

Gzip it and stick in one of the /usr/man/man directories.
They are all read by man. man1, man2 and man3 are pretty
crowded, so you might want to use one of the others.
Plenty of room in man6. BTW, manpages are traditionally
put in specific directories, depending on the type of
manpage. But I wouldn't worry too much about that.