baslinux - [BL] Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood AT shentel.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Problem with email client, BasicLinux 2.1
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:21:27 -0500

It works fine for fetching mail and reading mail, but how do
you use it for composing messages and replying to messages and
getting the messages moved into the outbox queue? The messages
have to go to the outbox before they can be sent, right?

After I compose a message or reply to a message and save it, the
editor by default wants to save it as a file in some weird subdirectory
like "/tmp/mailzR52cIu/outbox002_001" The next one I compose might get
saved even into a different weird subdirectory like
"/tmp/mailz5fZaGL/outbox_002_001" To make matters worse I can't even
find those subdirectories nor the saved message files after I have
saved them. If I try to make the editor save them directly into the
outbox the system always crashes on me.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps I got a corrupted download of
BasicLinux 2.1. I'm going to download it again and try again later.
I'll report back to the list to let you guys know if that solves the
problem.

Sam Heywood
--
This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser:
http://browser.arachne.cz/