baslinux - Re: [BL] Modem share between linux and windows

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Modem share between linux and windows
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:07:09 +1300

Matrix Mole wrote:

> Looking over some stuff I've found in search engines, it would
> seem that to share a modem on my windows box (winmoden, no support
> for it as a linmodem as of yet) all I need to do is setup a proxy
> server on windows.

I assume you are talking about two (or more) computers with the
Windows proxy server running on one (the one with the winmodem)
and Linux running on the others.

> Is this all that's necessary?

I know nothing about Windows, so I don't know if Windows can
do this. However, I have done this with Linux. One machine
dials and establishes a PPP connection, and the other machines
route throught that machine (using TCP/IP).