baslinux - Re: [BL] Where is the install script

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Where is the install script
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:46:36 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, sindi keesan wrote:

> I notice that there are now links on the BL2 home page to files posted by
> James and JP, and I downloaded zgv and that works fine too (but I need to
> figure out again how to set it up to use with browsers). I found James'
> readme list of available files but it does not match the actual list there
> for download in that lynx-ssl and opera6.05 are not there. James, could
> you either post these or put links to them? I forget who compiled
> lynx-ssl (284). I will ask Doug Kaufman to help me, now that I have the

Good to see you're getting back into form, Sindi. Best wishes on your
continued recovery. zgv at my download page comes straight from
delilinux. The readme file that describes some of the files located at my
download site is, unfortunately, incomplete. I think I simply used
Steven's readme. I'll try to find time to make it more pertinent to the
files actually located there. lynx-ssl was compiled by Howard Eisenberg,
if memory serves. I can load it there, if you think that advisable. I
believe Steven also has a copy on his download site. He definitely has
Opera 6.03. I would rather not have that on my site since: 1) it's a
fairly large file; 2) it can be found in Opera's archive; and 3) Opera is
proprietary software and I'm not sure there might not be some legal
compromise in making it available for download at non-Opera sites without
getting express permission [3a) I don't want to ask Opera for permission].

> Kermit (compiled specially for us) comes with instructions how to install
> it - is it worth linking to it at the BL2 page? I use it for dialing our
> bbs and it also comes with nice telnet, ftp and file transfer programs -
> the latter worked for transferring files between a DOS computer and a
> linux computer via parallel cable.

If you have a Slack package for Kermit I'd definitely think it worth
having for BL users. I'd be happy to host the file at my download site.

James

  • Re: [BL] Where is the install script, James Miller, 12/02/2003