baslinux - Re: [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:35:40 -0500

Steven wrote
> (1) it is not on the port shown in eznet.config

The modem is in com1 (ttyS0)

> (2) the modem needs an init string

I belive that too, but at this time I can't found a command
list for my modem, US Robotics support web page sucks

> What port did you use for the modem in minicom?

com1 (ttyS0)

> What init string did you use for the modem in minicom?

minicom has a default init string, but it seems strange for
me, it has some charaters wich I never seen before. Anyway I
try with the init string from minicom in eznet.conf, but the
modem does the same thing, nothing. (at the moment I don't
have that string , because I'm conected using windows98,
with the same modem).

Hey!!! I have an idea, in w98 I have the same problem, but
if first I run a test of the modem and then dial my ISP it
conects. Maybe I can get the commands wich the w98 test do
and use that in BL.

Bye, I have some experiments to do with my modem, later I'll
be posting the results. From BL I hope.

Thanks, Ernesto.

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx