baslinux - [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:39:48 -0500

Hi list, it was very quiet for a few days, then I think
we're know all about our BL's :)

Well, out of joking, I'm having problems to use BL to conect
to my ISP using PPP included with BL, below you can found my
eznet.conf file.
When I do ppp-on the Terminal Ready ligth turns on, and
stays on for a while (and this is all the modem do). The
modem not dial, and do not nothing. The modem is an external
US Robotics V.90 56k standar and X2 technology compatible
(Sportster is the model I think).
I try using minicom to test if the modem was working and all
is fine, with minicom the modem dial and conects to my ISP
very well.
I've beign the past 3 hours looking into the list's archives
something like this problem, but I only found one thread ppp
relationated, but it isn't the same thing.

0 idle 0
0 tty /dev/ttyS0 ## replace S2 with modem's port (S0=com1
S1=com2 S2=com3)
0 phone 3180123 ## replace 086722874 with number of your
ISP
0 user celise ## replace ichi with your username
0 password mypasswd ## replace xQ4i77 with your password
0 chat no

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77