baslinux - [BL] Re: How to setup the swap space in Linux

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: How to setup the swap space in Linux
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:59:29 -0500

> 3) How to setup the swap space in Linux. (Sorry, I am new
> to Linux). First of all, should I make the partition as
> logical or primary in cfdisk? Then what should I configure
> so that BL know there is swap space exist?

with cfdisk I make the partition for swap primary and change
the type to Linux swap. Then from the shell do
---------------
mkswap /dev/xxx
---------------
xxx is the partition you make Linux swap, mine is /dev/hda3
and to activate the swap space
---------------
swapon /dev/xxx
---------------
If you want activate your swap space every time you boot,
read the FAQ from BL web page

Sorry I can't help you with the other two questions

And thanks to Greg I have lilo.tgz from Slacware 7, and I'll
be trying this later

Ernesto

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77

  • [BL] Re: How to setup the swap space in Linux, Ernesto Celis, 08/08/2003