baslinux - [BL] interesting new open source bootloader

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org, Older PC and DOS Internet Forum <SURVPC AT SOFTCON.COM>, LifeRaft <survpc AT tmonroe.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] interesting new open source bootloader
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:56:28 -0500 (CDT)

I thought I already knew about all the bootloading programs out there,
having been keenly interested in multi-booting (having multiple OS's on
my computer) a couple of years ago. Today, I ran across an open source
one I had never seen before though, and that looks really interesting.
I've fiddled with it a bit and it seems to work as advertised. This is of
real interest for survpc'ers too, in that it can allow one to boot from
CDROM, even if an older BIOS doesn't permit it. The project is called
"Smart Boot Manager," and it's located at
http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/index.php3?body=about.html .

Enjoy, James

  • [BL] interesting new open source bootloader, James Miller, 08/07/2003