baslinux - Re: [BL] litle problem with lilo

  • From: "Greg head" <ghead AT hotmail.com>
  • To: celise AT Prodigy.Net.mx, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] litle problem with lilo
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:23:08 +0000

The problem is with the Slackware 7.1 version of lilo. Use the version from Slackware 7.0 and it works fine.

Greg

From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [BL] litle problem with lilo
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:09:24 -0500

>> I just have a litle problem with lilo, when I try to
>> configure lilo to boot with the zimage kernel provided
>> with BL 2.10, lilo says it is too big (the zimage
kernel).

> Sorry about that. I packaged the BL2 kernel as a zimage
> because it is smaller than a bzimage. Loadlin is happy to
> boot a zimage of that size, but apparently lilo has a
500kb
> maximum.
>
>> Then I'm using for now the bare.i/bzimage kernel from
>> slackware 7.1,
>
> I think that is the best solution (until you are able to
> compile a custom kernel specifically for your hardware).
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

At the moment I don't have space on my HD to compile nothing
(it is a 200MB HD), but in a few days I'll be having a
better PC than my old 486, maybe a Pentium with 2GB HD and a
modem!!! (I don't have a modem for my 486, only the
EtherWorks3 NIC, thanks for de e3wrk module in BL 2.10) to
run BL . Maybe then in the new PC I will be compiling the BL
kernel as bzimage with the same config file of BL (The BL
kernel have just what I need)

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77