baslinux - Re: [BL] adobe pdf

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] adobe pdf
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:52:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> Someone said there is an adobe pdf reader for linux, is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. I've got it on a couple of my machines. You'll
maybe want to get an older version (e.g., maybe 4.0 or 4.5): the newest -
5.something - is a monstrosity! Something like a 9MB download (earlier
ones are more like 5MB). And 5.x runs correspondingly slowly on older
hardware (I only fire it up on my P90 64MB RAM when I absolutely have
to, e.g., when pdftotext just won't do).

> Out of curiosity, where are people finding the space to network 4
> computers with monitors?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Could you ask it another way?

James