baslinux - Re: [BL] NTFS file system?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NTFS file system?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:51:15 +1200

Per Christian wrote:

> I recently downloaded BasicLinux and installed it, but when
> I try to mount the harddrive, which is using the NTFS filesystem,
> I get a message telling me that the kernel don't have support
> for those filesystems. How can I change that?

To see what filesystems your kernel can mount, do this:
---------------------
cat /proc/filesystems
---------------------

As you can see, the BL2 kernel does not have NTFS built in.
I think you can add that capability by getting the ntfs.o module
from Slackware 7.1. You will find it in: /modules/2.2.16/fs.
Copy it to: /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc. Then:
insmod ntfs
cat /proc/filesystems
Is ntfs now in the list? If so, try your mount command with
this parameter: -t ntfs