baslinux - Re: [BL] installing RPM package

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] installing RPM package
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:20:26 +0200

qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Keep in mind that your rpm package may not be suitable for BL2.
> There might be problems with dependencies or configuration
> (the RedHat configuration files go in a different place than
> Slackware). Normally, it is *much* easier to use packages
> specifically designed for Slackware 7.

What's more Slackware author DOESN'T recommend
installing RPMs in Slackware based systems.

BTW Steven, what's your opinion about Debian?
I ask because of RedHat latest behaviour - they want to be
the only who provide RH distros. As we can expect, they
will want to charge for it. So all company-based distros
are IMHO a bad choice.

Chris