baslinux - Re: [BL] installing RPM package

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] installing RPM package
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 06:41:32 +1200

Jhommer Oblego wrote:

> i'd like to know if is there a rpm to tgz converter
> for BL2,

rpm2tgz is in BL2 (but I have never tried it).
I think you use it to convert the rpm and then use installpkg.
Keep in mind that your rpm package may not be suitable for BL2.
There might be problems with dependencies or configuration
(the RedHat configuration files go in a different place than
Slackware). Normally, it is *much* easier to use packages
specifically designed for Slackware 7.