baslinux - Re: [BL] file needed?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] file needed?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:23:51 +0000

russ loroville wrote:

> I do find that netscape 3.? browses faster with
> bl1, the web sites look better and fit the icewm
> window better,

Yes, Netscape 3.04 works the best on old PCs.

> however, I am not able to get hotmail with the
> older netscape.

Unfortunately several sites don't work well with
the old Netscape.

> I've tried netscape 4 on bl2 but was not able to
> get it running well,

Nah, Netscape went downhill after 3.04. Version 4
was bloated and buggy. Definitely not recommended.
At the moment the best choice for an old PC with
less than 64mb RAM is probably Opera 6.03. It is
available at the BasicLinux download site.